Ice Canoeing

I did not get hired for this project. I came up with it all by myself. And I should point out that it actually seemed like a good idea at first. I had gotten tired of riding the toboggan standing up, and wondered if the old canoe in the shed would be more interesting. I'd never heard of anyone canoeing down a hill. I could be a pioneer!


What I didn't know, because there's no warning label for this on the canoe, is that canoes, particularly plastic ones, are really fast on ice. And they don't turn well. Or at all, really. Even with a paddle. At the moment of this picture, I'm just figuring that out. I'm also beginning to realize that the hill (which is steeper than the picture lets on) doesn't have a flat run out, and that the line of trees that's just out of frame is probably how I'm going to stop.